Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 14....TURNING CORNERS

Everybody has something that they struggle with...the important thing is to be able to overcome these things and better yourself. Over the past several years I have been off and on with the thing I struggle with. I've had times when I felt as if I had conquered this thing only to later realize I hadn't even come close.

I named this entry "Turning Corners" because I feel like I am growing and maturing as a young man, father, boyfriend, son, and every other relationship I have. A lot has happened over the past couple of weeks that have sped this process up a little bit. I've lost two people who I care about over the past week and it has impacted me...for the better! I almost lost another person who is important to me due to my own stupidity and selfishness. These things have made me realize the value of the people in my life and how much I truly do love and need them. I'm turning corners as a man...overcoming things that could have potentially ruined me. I'm stronger than the issues I deal with...i'm more powerful than anything I struggle with.

When things in life are put in perspective, we realize what is really important and what is not. That's part of the reason I haven't been using the social networking sites much (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). I feel as if they are a distraction from the life that is going on around me. I find myself constantly checking status updates and all the other silly things that have no impact on my life what-so-ever while ignoring the things that actually do effect my life. I'm growing...and its showing!

1 comment:

  1. keep turning corners & growing. its all for the better and it will pay off in the end!

    ReplyDelete